Be an Internationally Recognized Pilates Instructor
As a STOTT PILATES™ Licensed Training Centre since 2008, Pilatique has established itself as Singapore island city’s premier Pilates instructor training centre for STOTT PILATES, recognised by American Council of Exercise (ACE), Can-Fit-Pro and the College of Massage Therapy of Ontario, as a continuing education provider.
STOTT PILATES instructor training courses have a very systematic structure to build a strong foundation for becoming a successful Pilates instructor.
Courses are broken down into Essential, Intermediate and Advanced levels to allow safe, efficient progress for hopeful Pilates instructors to earn a Pilates certification and learn how to help clients build strength and stability in the joints and enhance agility of movement.
Benefit of signing up with Pilatique Pilates Studio Singapore
- After your last day of each Level 1 Course, you will be accorded 3 months access to the studio to practice (by appointment and availability). If you need more time, then practice hours package may be purchased at a discounted rate if you register for your exam with us.
- Within the 3 months as well, you would get 10% discount on Pilates Private Session packages should you need further personalized guidance from our certified instructors, and/or 25% off Pilates Reformer Group Class packages. (may not be used with other discount programs).
- Most importantly, learn from STOTT PILATES Lead Instructor Trainer Melissa Wong, who has been conducting these trainings since a decade ago, and is now even recognized by The People’s Association as their Pilates Talent Advisor. As a Lead IT, she has also coached four other Instructor Trainers in the region.
- Pilatique’s strength lies in the rehabilitation sphere as we are the only ones offering Rehab Pilates Program to medical professionals in Malaysia and Singapore.
STOTT PILATES™ Teacher Training Course Information Request Form
(Course and Workshop Schedule, Price-list, Application Form)
What Students Say About Our Instructor Trainer (Testimonial)
STOTT PILATES™ COURSES AND WORKSHOPS @ PILATIQUE PILATES STUDIO SINGAPORE
STOTT PILATES™ Intensive Program (Level 1)
STOTT PILATES™ Intensive Program (Level 1) is intended if you already working in the fields of fitness or movement, or have a passion for Pilates.
You can begin the journey of STOTT PILATES teacher training certification by completing:
1) Anatomy Review and Postural Analysis Review Workshop, or the Functional Anatomy course, and
2) Meet the Pilates class requirements (minimally 30 classes).
The pre-requisites ensure you benefit maximally from the Intensive courses and enjoy the process of learning how to be a qualified instructor. Without learning about anatomy and the different postures will impede your understanding during the training course because the course is truly INTENSE.
The focus of the Intensive course is on expanding student’s current knowledge while delivering complete instruction in STOTT PILATES principles and Essential and Intermediate exercises in a fast-paced format.
Need more info? Download individual course flyer below:
STOTT PILATES™ Advanced Program (Level 2)
Advanced Program (Level 2) begins with a review of relevant Essential and Intermediate exercises, then students learn to apply STOTT PILATES biomechanical principles to exercises that require a higher degree of strength, balance and coordination.
These courses can be taken immediately after the corresponding Level 1 course or as a series of courses.
Need more info? Download individual course flyer below:
STOTT PILATES™ REHAB PILATES
Spinal, Pelvic & Scapular Stabilization: Matwork
STOTT PILATES™ developed its Rehabilitation Program specifically for professionals who assess, diagnose, treat, and prescribe exercise for the rehabilitation and/or prevention of injuries, providing them with training to integrate Pilates into their practice.
The Rehab Matwork module introduces the instructor to the biomechanical principles of STOTT PILATES and how they apply to modified Matwork exercises. Light equipment including Balls, Bands and Rollers are used to emphasize lumbo-pelvic and shoulder girdle stabilization and the role they play in rehabilitation and injury prevention. Courses are typically conducted over three days.
Review of the STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
Identification of proper execution and movement patterns
Effective verbal cueing and imagery
Clinical problem solving using the STOTT PILATES method
A focus on spinal, pelvic and scapular conditions
Over 35 exercises plus multiple modifications
Applications are accepted from the following licensed or certified professionals only:
Medical Doctors or Sports Medicine Doctors
Any professional with a minimum of two years of full-time study from a certifying/ licensing/degree-granting institution in anatomy, physiology, injury prevention or, exercise prescription with clinical experience, and who has been granted the right to assess, diagnose, treat, and prescribe exercise for the rehabilitation and/or prevention of injuries.
Requirements of Pilates Certification:
18 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
Minimum 6 hours observation w minimum 10 hours physical review
Minimum 10 hours practice teaching w Total: 44 hours
1.8 STOTT PILATES
STOTT PILATES™ Workshops
We offer a wide range of STOTT PILATES workshops (both on schedule and ad-hoc on request). These help to keep students updated on the latest development in movement studies and provide more programming ideas to current instructors. Since all workshops are open to both instructors and regular Pilates practitioners, they also serve as good opportunities for non-instructors to learn about the STOTT PILATES method, at the same time enjoy a good workout session.